cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon GetTogether?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:44:36 GMT
On 7/18/2011 4:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> As we've been talking about Cocoon "Do-ocracy" and community
> contributions, my mind turns to my past attempts to help develop Cocoon,
> and the vast gap that seems to yawn between me and being able to
> contribute effectively. While I would love to be able to contribute,
> there is quite a stack of technologies that seem to require mastery
> first... e.g. Maven, Wicket, Spring...?
>
> I suspect that much of this would be reduced if I could sit down and be
> walked through a process with a knowledgeable person who can tell me
> what I do and don't need to learn, and of whom I could ask targeted
> questions.
>
> And that leads me to ask, what are the possibilities of a Cocoon
> GetTogether this year? next year?
> (The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned!)
>
> AFAIK the last GT was in 2005? The hackathon sounded very productive.
>
> Regards,
> Lars

(Sorry for not replying directly to others' replies, but I don't seem to
be receiving them in my inbox (I read them at
http://cocoon.markmail.org/search/?q=#query:+page:1+mid:yucxttvietp2ukac+state:results).)

Given that there may not be enough people and sponsorship for a Cocoon
GT, what about some kind of virtual GT?
I.e. a concentrated time of group web presence.

We could still have presentations, Q&A, hackathon, maybe using audio
channel such as Blink/Mumble/TeamSpeak...

For me, the most valuable part would be a tutorial on getting up to
speed on Cocoon development... with the minimum grounding in
Maven/Wicket/Spring/Java servlet technologies required, and with plenty
of opportunity to ask questions. A couple of simple "hello world"
tutorials would be worth a lot.

Regards,
Lars