cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question regarding the Cocoon 3 API
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:12:06 GMT
On 07/07/2011 12:09 PM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are my following assumptions right?
>
> -setConfiguration is typically used when using sitemap

yes

> -but for setup(params) method the API states that this is the shared map
> for all components… so it should not be called directly
>
> but it gets indirectly called when executing
> pipeline.setup(outputstream, params)?

yes, see o.a.c.pipeline.AbstractPipeline#setupComponents

> If it was not intended this way, then
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-68 applies.
>
> -But I still can see the need that different components need to be able
> to be setup with different maps of parameters. Suppose both components
> need a “id” parameter but for
>
> the generator this needs to be value ‘x’ and for e.g. the transformer
> value ‘y’. Then using a shared map will not work.

If you use the Java API directly, you can pass any parameter by using
the constructor or a custom setter method to your component.

There should be no need to call the setup method yourself.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap