cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Passing parameters from sitemap to generator
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:29:25 GMT
On 07/01/2011 10:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Hi all,
> recently I have been in the situation for which I need to parametrize an
> XML file of my application; I thought there was a simpler way but I
> ended up by using an additional XSLT transformation step (since the
> XSLTTransformer can accep parameters from the pipeline).
>
> With C2.1 I used to put in place the JXGenerator [1] (or JXTransformer
> [2] depending on the case): this saved me, in many cases, from an
> additional transformation step in the pipeline.
>
> Even though it is true that everything you could do with JXGenerator can
> always be done with XMLGenerator + XSLTTransformer, do you think that
> such component can be a "nice to have" in C3?

So far there is only the StringTemplateGenerator component, that
dynamically generates XML based on a template.

There are also no 'build-in' objects like request, session, etc. which
were supported by the JXGenerator or the VelocityGenerator in Cocoon 2.x

I have no strong opinion on what should be migrated to C3 as long as it
goes into a new module or the cocoon-optional module ;-)
I suggest that you choose that technology that fits your requirements
and your time constraints (VelocityGenerator should be rather straight
forward, migrating JX* is definitly more-timeconsuming) best.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap