cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] Passing parameters from sitemap to generator
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:25:09 GMT
Hi all,
recently I have been in the situation for which I need to parametrize an
XML file of my application; I thought there was a simpler way but I
ended up by using an additional XSLT transformation step (since the
XSLTTransformer can accep parameters from the pipeline).

With C2.1 I used to put in place the JXGenerator [1] (or JXTransformer
[2] depending on the case): this saved me, in many cases, from an
additional transformation step in the pipeline.

Even though it is true that everything you could do with JXGenerator can
always be done with XMLGenerator + XSLTTransformer, do you think that
such component can be a "nice to have" in C3?

Cheers.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/jx-generator.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/jx-template-transformer.html

--