cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject @Logger in RestController or independent?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:12:08 GMT
Hi all,

I developed a small @Logger annotation for a customer project which I
would like to contribute. The question is ATM what is the best way?

ATM I have implemented the annotation based on an independent
BeanPostProcessor which I then invoke with adding
<!-- logger annotation implementation -->
  <bean class="org.apache.cocoon.common.LoggerInjector"/>

Basically the class is doing:
if (field.getAnnotation(Logger.class) != null) {
                    Log log = LogFactory.getLog(bean.getClass());
                    field.set(bean, log);
                }

I saw SpringRESTController and I wonder whether we should add it there
in getController as  populateLogger(configuration, unpackedController,
annotatedFields);

or to leave it independent to allow usages as well in REST independent
components such as generators, etc.

WDYT?

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems