Oggetto: [Hippo-cms7-user] Cocoon 3 based frontend
Data: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:02:32 +0200
Mittente: Francesco Chicchiriccò <francesco.chicchiricco@tirasa.net>
Organizzazione: Tirasa
A: Hippo CMS 7 development public mailinglist <hippo-cms7-user@lists.onehippo.com>

Hi all,
we've recently got a (rather small, indeed) customer with a very
particular need: to be able, in the near future, to migrate either all
the documents from its current legacy CMS and also all of its Cocoon 2.1
sites.
They basically want to preserve - as much as possible - past investments
done in terms of XSLTs and components.

We are now defining the basic structure of our project and we do want to
put Hippo CMS 7.6 in place. Of course this would mean to replace all the
HST2 stuff that is normally involved when building sites with some
Cocoon-based components.

Looking at the documentation, I've found this reference to the Hippo's
JCR interface [1]. Do you think it would be fine to build something that
will interact with Hippo repository at that level or instead there are
some higher-level classes from HST2 that should instead taken into account?

Do you have any particular advice when doing such operation? Is there
any more documentation we should take a look at?

Thanks.

[1]
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/development/content+repository/jcr/index.html

--
Dott. Francesco Chicchiriccò
Tel +393290573276

Amministratore unico @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

"To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine"
(James O. Coplien, Bell Labs)