cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Cocoon Spring Configurator, sitemap reload and exception unroll
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:25:25 GMT
On 29/06/2011 00:34, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> On 06/28/2011 10:29 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Gents,
>> Cocoon 3 is using Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.1[1]; by default this is
>> triggered by an empty
>>
>> <configurator:settings/>
>>
>> in main applicationContext.xml.
>>
>> In my project I need to:
>> 1. always reload sitemap.xmap from the filesystem during development
>
> Am I right that you use C3 within a Wicket application and can't use
> the "default" reloading classloader stuff based on the Cocoon Maven
> Plugin (mvn cocoon:prepare)?

Actually not: I gave up in using the cocoon-sample-wicket-webapp as a
base for my application because of the missing "servlet:/" feature.

I need the reloading feature that a block has (thanks to the Cocoon
Maven Plugin) but I also want to build a webapp that can be overlayed.
If I understood well, the cocoon-sample / cocoon-sample-webapp pair does
not meet these needs barely because the cocoon-sample-webapp is an empty
shell for cocoon-sample. Hence, if you overlay a WAR produced by
cocoon-sample-webapp, you can't handle into the sitemap stuff.

This is the reason why I am building my project (a Cocoon3-based
framework for delivering content managed by the enterprise Hippo CMS -
http://forge.onehippo.org/gf/project/hct/) as a maven WAR artifact with
more or less the same "developer-friendly" features that a block has.

Basically, my META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml declares the
XMLSitemapServlet as the following:

     <bean name="org.onehippo.forge.hct.service" class="org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet">
         <servlet:context mount-path="" context-path="classpath:/COB-INF/"/>
     </bean>

>> 2. catch the real cause of a ProcessingException (I was inspired by [2])
>
> yes, makes sense.
>
>> Hence I set something like as
>>
>> <configurator:settings>
>> <configurator:property name="org.apache.cocoon.reloading.sitemap"
>> value="true"/>
>> <configurator:property
>> name="org.apache.cocoon.exception.ProcessingException.unroll"
>> value="true"/>
>> </configurator:settings>
>>
>> Then, I modified [3] and [4] in order to handle this kind of
>> configuration: the patch is attached to this e-mail.
>>
>> Do you think this could be useful in general? If so I would commit
>> gladly.
>
> If my "C3 within Wicket" assumption is right, I'm fine with your
> suggestions.

What do you think, then?

Thanks.

--