cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Cocoon Spring Configurator, sitemap reload and exception unroll
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:34:24 GMT
On 06/28/2011 10:29 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Gents,
> Cocoon 3 is using Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.1[1]; by default this is
> triggered by an empty
>
> <configurator:settings/>
>
> in main applicationContext.xml.
>
> In my project I need to:
> 1. always reload sitemap.xmap from the filesystem during development

Am I right that you use C3 within a Wicket application and can't use the
"default" reloading classloader stuff based on the Cocoon Maven Plugin
(mvn cocoon:prepare)?

> 2. catch the real cause of a ProcessingException (I was inspired by [2])

yes, makes sense.

> Hence I set something like as
>
> <configurator:settings>
> <configurator:property name="org.apache.cocoon.reloading.sitemap"
> value="true"/>
> <configurator:property
> name="org.apache.cocoon.exception.ProcessingException.unroll"
> value="true"/>
> </configurator:settings>
>
> Then, I modified [3] and [4] in order to handle this kind of
> configuration: the patch is attached to this e-mail.
>
> Do you think this could be useful in general? If so I would commit gladly.

If my "C3 within Wicket" assumption is right, I'm fine with your
suggestions.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap