cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <>
Subject [C3] Cocoon Spring Configurator, sitemap reload and exception unroll
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:29:56 GMT
Cocoon 3 is using Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.1[1]; by default this is
triggered by an empty

in main applicationContext.xml.

In my project I need to:
   1. always reload sitemap.xmap from the filesystem during development
   2. catch the real cause of a ProcessingException (I was inspired by [2])

Hence I set something like as

<configurator:property name="org.apache.cocoon.reloading.sitemap"
name="org.apache.cocoon.exception.ProcessingException.unroll" value="true"/>

Then, I modified [3] and [4] in order to handle this kind of
configuration: the patch is attached to this e-mail.

Do you think this could be useful in general? If so I would commit gladly.

Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member

View raw message