cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] Cocoon Spring Configurator, sitemap reload and exception unroll
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:29:56 GMT
Gents,
Cocoon 3 is using Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.1[1]; by default this is
triggered by an empty

<configurator:settings/>

in main applicationContext.xml.

In my project I need to:
   1. always reload sitemap.xmap from the filesystem during development
   2. catch the real cause of a ProcessingException (I was inspired by [2])

Hence I set something like as

<configurator:settings>
<configurator:property name="org.apache.cocoon.reloading.sitemap"
value="true"/>
<configurator:property
name="org.apache.cocoon.exception.ProcessingException.unroll" value="true"/>
</configurator:settings>

Then, I modified [3] and [4] in order to handle this kind of
configuration: the patch is attached to this e-mail.

Do you think this could be useful in general? If so I would commit gladly.

Cheers.

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/2.1/1304_1_1.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1379_1_1.html
[3]
cocoon-servlet/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/XMLSitemapServlet.java
[4]
cocoon-sitemap/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/InvocationImpl.java

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/