cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] XSLTTransformer cache
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:20:59 GMT
Le 21/06/11 18:08, Simone Tripodi a écrit :
> Hi again,
> that's not log4j but ant[1], it is easy&smart enough that could be
> imported&  modified depending on our needs...

Commons IO also has a file monitor that was written by Torsten :
http://commons.apache.org/io/
There's also http://jnotify.sourceforge.net/ that uses native services
such as inotify on Linux, which should be more efficient by avoiding
polling, but I haven't tried it and it depends on native libraries.

> And we could make it generic in the way we can reuse the same policy
> also in all transformers that require an external resource to be load
> (i.e. the XSchema validator)

That's a very good idea. Checking the file at each and every use can
lead to a lot of requests to the filesystem on a loaded system, to check
files that actually don't move that often. So doing it in the background
adds some complexity but can allow hot reloading on a live system
without hurting much performances.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net