cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] XSLTTransformer cache
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:50:38 GMT
Hi folks,
I am playing quite a lot these days with Cocoon 3 because I had the
insane idea to build a CMS frontend framework upon its solid foundations :-)

Among other things (for which I'll write some other e-mails), I see that
the XSLTTransformer is currently implemented with a LRU cache using the
sole filename as key. This would imply that XSLT files get never
reloaded, even such feature would be extremely useful when developing XSLT.

What do you think if I modify the current XSLTTransformer cache
mechanism in order to have a more complex key (say filename + filesize)?

Anyway, do you think that [1] is still valid?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-62

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member