cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cocoon 3.0.0-alpha-3
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:37:43 GMT
On 06/09/2011 11:22 PM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> On 06/09/2011 07:06 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> [ ] +1, let's release Apache Cocoon 3.0.0-alpha-3
>> [x] +/- 0
>> [ ] -1, because (explain the reason why)
> Thanks for your great efforts! There are two things that need to be done
> before I can vote with +1
> a) Please add you PGP key to
> b) We also need a non-Maven (yes, there are still people that don't use
> the central Maven repo) distribution.
> You don't have to redo the release for that reason. Checkout the release
> tag, go to cocoon-all/pom.xml and apply the changes that I've just
> comitted to your working copy. Then run
> mvn clean package -P apache-release
> which will create the release artifacts.
> At this point the PGP signature files are missing because the creation
> of the release artifacts doesn't happen as part of the Maven release
> procedure.
> Hence sign the created .zip and .tar.gz files manually (gpg -sba
> [filename] should to the trick, at least with Linux GPG) and upload them
> to your public html folder so that others can check
> them before they cast their votes.
> Otherwise the Maven release artifacts are fine AFAICS. I've updated my
> Cocoon 3 projects and they all work well with alpha-3.

One thing I forgot to mention:
There are distribution release artifacts in
but they are lacking the docs and some submodules.

Sorry, I haven't thought sooner of it :-(

One final note: The distribution release artifacts don't need to be
copied to the central Maven repository sync folder when the vote is
completed. I've just updated the release notes.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member