cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cocoon 3.0.0-alpha-3
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:22:18 GMT
On 06/09/2011 07:06 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> [ ] +1, let's release Apache Cocoon 3.0.0-alpha-3
> [x] +/- 0
> [ ] -1, because (explain the reason why)

Thanks for your great efforts! There are two things that need to be done
before I can vote with +1

a) Please add you PGP key to http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon/KEYS

b) We also need a non-Maven (yes, there are still people that don't use
the central Maven repo) distribution.

You don't have to redo the release for that reason. Checkout the release
tag, go to cocoon-all/pom.xml and apply the changes that I've just
comitted to your working copy. Then run

mvn clean package -P apache-release

which will create the release artifacts.
At this point the PGP signature files are missing because the creation
of the release artifacts doesn't happen as part of the Maven release
procedure.

Hence sign the created .zip and .tar.gz files manually (gpg -sba
[filename] should to the trick, at least with Linux GPG) and upload them
to your people.apache.org public html folder so that others can check
them before they cast their votes.

Otherwise the Maven release artifacts are fine AFAICS. I've updated my
Cocoon 3 projects and they all work well with alpha-3.

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap