cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with serialization Cocoon2.2
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:41:20 GMT
Robby Pelssers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange situation I don't really understand.
>
> In my sitemap I have following patterns:
>
>            <!--
>              {1}: basictype-id
>              {2}: state
>              {3}: topic-id
>             -->
>            <map:match pattern="basictype/*/*/*">
>              <map:generate src="xquery/getTopic.xquery" type="queryStringXquery">
>                <map:parameter name="basictypeId" value="{1}"/>
>                <map:parameter name="state" value="{2}"/>
>                <map:parameter name="topicId" value="{3}"/>
>              </map:generate>
>              <map:transform src="xslt/postprocessXqueryResults.xslt" type="saxon"/>
>              <map:transform src="xslt/urlTransformer.xslt" type="saxon">
>                <map:parameter name="contextpath" value="{request:contextPath}"/>
>                <map:parameter name="drawingExtension" value="{request-param:drawingExtension}"/>

>              </map:transform>
>              <map:serialize type="p-topic"/>
>            </map:match>
>
>            <map:match pattern="topic2xhtml/**">
>              <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}"/>
>              <map:transform src="xslt/dita/xslhtml/dita2xhtml.xsl" type="saxon"/>
>              <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>            </map:match>
>
>            <map:match pattern="test">
>              <map:generate src="data/pinning_information.xml"/>
>              <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>            </map:match>
>
> And configured following serializer:
>
>           <map:serializer name="p-topic" logger="sitemap.serializer.xml"
>              mime-type="text/xml;charset=utf-8" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
>             <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>             <doctype-public>-//NXP//DTD P-Topic//EN</doctype-public>
>             <doctype-system>${p-topic-dtd}</doctype-system>
>           </map:serializer>
>
> The pattern "basictype/*/*/*" generates a DITA topic by transforming the result of an
Xquery.

> When I invoke http://localhost:8888/topics/basictype/PH3330L/released/pinning_information?drawingExtension=gif
in the browser and save the result [1] to filesystem I see that the doctype has been added
correctly:

> <!DOCTYPE p-topic PUBLIC "-//NXP//DTD P-Topic//EN" "http://nww.qa.spider.nxp.com:8311/xmetal/schemas/p-topic.dtd">
>
> When I invoke http://localhost:8888/topics/topic2xhtml/basictype/PH3330L/released/pinning_information
I would expect the topic to get transformed correctly into XHTML.  This does not work however.
 Just for testing purpose I added [1] in my app into /data/pinning_information.xml and created
a new match pattern which reads [1] from disc

> But when i now try to invoke http://localhost:8888/topics/topic2xhtml/test the DITA topic
does get transformed correctly.

> Is there a difference between
> a)  calling a pipeline that generates a DITA topic on the fly and serializes it using
my custom serializer which is used as input for the
>     topic2xhtml/**  pattern
> b)  reading the DITA topic from filesystem which is used as input for the topic2xhtml/**
 pattern

> It looks like the class attributes which should be added by the DTD are not added in
use-case (a) which is why the transform fails.

> Any insight is appreciated.

Is the DTD being resolved and used in both cases?
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/catalog.html

Are you using Cocoon's catalog entity resolver to
get a local copy of the DTD? Not that that should
make a difference.

AFAIK the Serializer adds the document type declaration.
It is the next Generator that would resolve and process
the DTD.

At Apache Forrest we have a similar situation. There
are intermediate pipelines that serialise to xml
and add a document type declaration.

When i look at our logs, there are messages about
resolving the DTD for the initial xml source that
is Generated. However there are no DTD resolve messages
for that intermediate pipeline.

I think that this might just be confirming your situation.

-David