cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [C3] replacing the logging framework
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:26:41 GMT
On 26 April 2011 13:24, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/23/2011 04:56 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>
>> Hi all guys,
>> Reinhard, Francesco and I had a quick chat on tweeter about replacing
>> the logging framework in C3 and we all agreed on migrating to SLF4J +
>> Logback.
>> IMHO it is an operation simple enough that can be completed before
>> proceeding to next release, what does someone else think about it?
>> If there isn't any objection, I can take easily take care of it, just
>> let me know!
>>

> I guess you're right with the pipeline and sitemap modules, but I expect it
> to be more difficult for the servlet module.
>
> The question _for now_ is whether we have to replace the logging framework
> there at all and keep the Spring configurator's log4j integration instead.
> Changing the servlet module to use the slf4j/log4j binding could be done
> later.
>
> But I'm not sure if this plan works as expected ...

I think we've been waiting for the alpha-3 release long enough. Why not ship
it as is and then do the logging framework changes in an alpha-4 release?

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

Hippo
Europe  •  Amsterdam  •  Oosteinde 11  •  1017 WT Amsterdam  •  +31 (0)20
522 4466
USA  •  Boston  •  1 Broadway  •  Cambridge, MA 02142  •  +1 877 414 4776
(toll free)
www.onehippo.com  •  www.onehippo.org  •  info@onehippo.com