cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] replacing the logging framework
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:24:14 GMT
On 04/23/2011 04:56 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> Reinhard, Francesco and I had a quick chat on tweeter about replacing
> the logging framework in C3 and we all agreed on migrating to SLF4J +
> Logback.
> IMHO it is an operation simple enough that can be completed before
> proceeding to next release, what does someone else think about it?
> If there isn't any objection, I can take easily take care of it, just
> let me know!

I guess you're right with the pipeline and sitemap modules, but I expect
it to be more difficult for the servlet module.

The question _for now_ is whether we have to replace the logging
framework there at all and keep the Spring configurator's log4j
integration instead. Changing the servlet module to use the slf4j/log4j
binding could be done later.

But I'm not sure if this plan works as expected ...

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap