cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <>
Subject Re: [C3] Releasing alpha-3 (and beyond)?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:27:38 GMT
On 04/18/2011 01:44 PM, Steven Dolg wrote:
> Hey,
> picking up some speed would be really great for this project.
> Seeing that some of the issues are older than a year and the rest
> approaching their first anniversary very soon feels almost awkward.
> As mentioned in his email, Reinhard and I are working on something for
> the Pipeline API that might change some things, but introduce very
> interesting opportunities - well at least opportunities we'd like to
> have. The goal is obviously to not break anything but it's a fundamental
> change, of course.
> We certainly need to wrap this up in a nice, little package and somehow
> present it here. I just don't know how fast we can manage to do that.
> But besides that:
> What can we do to get the next release out?
> How do we go about addressing those issues?

IMO none of the issues is blocking a release, especially not an alpha
release. We should set a date (e.g. April, 25th) and freeze the codebase
for the alpha-3 release.

All code that is committed by then is part of the release, everything
else has to wait for beta-1.

BTW, does somebody else want to take the role of the release manager? I
wrote a summary at
that explains all necessary steps. Thanks to Maven it shouldn't be too
hard ...

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member