cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <>
Subject Re: [C3] Releasing alpha-3 (and beyond)?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:44:17 GMT

picking up some speed would be really great for this project.
Seeing that some of the issues are older than a year and the rest
approaching their first anniversary very soon feels almost awkward.

As mentioned in his email, Reinhard and I are working on something for
the Pipeline API that might change some things, but introduce very
interesting opportunities - well at least opportunities we'd like to
have. The goal is obviously to not break anything but it's a fundamental
change, of course.
We certainly need to wrap this up in a nice, little package and somehow
present it here. I just don't know how fast we can manage to do that.

But besides that:
What can we do to get the next release out?
How do we go about addressing those issues?

Am 15.04.2011 09:23, schrieb Francesco Chicchiriccò:
> Hi all,
> taking a look at [1], it seems that the only issue currently blocking
> the alpha-3 release of Cocoon 3 is COCOON3-58 [2]. Actually, that
> issue has been already fixed by Simone Tripodi (look at the patch
> attached to the ticket); there are, though, still some doubts about
> copyright issues [3].
> In my opinion - as already expressed there - if the "possible TM
> issue" is limited to regexp patterns, I don't think there could be
> anything to claim about.
> Having said that, and taking into account the need that still seems to
> be around of having a stable Cocoon 3 release as soon as possible,
> what do you think if we close COCOON3-58 and do a fresh alpha-3 release?
> Moreover, only 8 issues (including the above-mentioned COCOON3-58) are
> still open [4], so we could catch the chance to try to fix them and do
> a clamorous beta release! What do you think about this?
> Cheers.
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]