cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Releasing alpha-3 (and beyond)?
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:25:12 GMT
Francesco, thank you very much for working towards a release! Comments
in-line.

On 04/15/2011 09:23 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Hi all,
> taking a look at [1], it seems that the only issue currently blocking
> the alpha-3 release of Cocoon 3 is COCOON3-58 [2]. Actually, that issue
> has been already fixed by Simone Tripodi (look at the patch attached to
> the ticket); there are, though, still some doubts about copyright issues
> [3].
> In my opinion - as already expressed there - if the "possible TM issue"
> is limited to regexp patterns, I don't think there could be anything to
> claim about.

I think so too.

> Having said that, and taking into account the need that still seems to
> be around of having a stable Cocoon 3 release as soon as possible, what
> do you think if we close COCOON3-58 and do a fresh alpha-3 release?

yes, that would be great

> Moreover, only 8 issues (including the above-mentioned COCOON3-58) are
> still open [4], so we could catch the chance to try to fix them and do a
> clamorous beta release! What do you think about this?

I would like to see an alpha-3 release before and aim for a beta release
in about two or three months.

The reason is that I want to discuss (and fix) the result type of
pipelines before (http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/ew3pnsyz6g5a6ho3).
Steven and I have experimented with some API changes that go beyond that
what I proposed back in December 2008 but we haven't had enough time to
write down our thoughts and send them to this list.

Since there are multiple options to solve this problem I expect that the
discussions will take some time and shouldn't prevent an alpha

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap