cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] Releasing alpha-3 (and beyond)?
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:23:56 GMT
Hi all,
taking a look at [1], it seems that the only issue currently blocking
the alpha-3 release of Cocoon 3 is COCOON3-58 [2]. Actually, that issue
has been already fixed by Simone Tripodi (look at the patch attached to
the ticket); there are, though, still some doubts about copyright issues
[3].
In my opinion - as already expressed there - if the "possible TM issue"
is limited to regexp patterns, I don't think there could be anything to
claim about.

Having said that, and taking into account the need that still seems to
be around of having a stable Cocoon 3 release as soon as possible, what
do you think if we close COCOON3-58 and do a fresh alpha-3 release?

Moreover, only 8 issues (including the above-mentioned COCOON3-58) are
still open [4], so we could catch the chance to try to fix them and do a
clamorous beta release! What do you think about this?

Cheers.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3/fixforversion/12314181
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-58
[3] http://old.nabble.com/Plural-Stemmer-Inflactor---part-2-td31302099.html