cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: c3 and JSON
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:00:52 GMT
Am 12.04.2011 13:42, schrieb Thorsten Scherler:
> Hi all,
>
> as I mentioned in another mail I am ATM developing a prototype based on
> c3. In another recent project we worked with jersey [1], which is the
> reference implementation for JAX-RS (JSR 311).
>
> Our c3 prototype will expose a couple of REST services and looking at
> the c3 sources I have not found any references to return a JSONObject
> like follows in our REST services.
>
> JSONObject object = JSONObject.fromObject(answerBean);
> return object.toString();
>
> where in c3 I do:
>
> return new URLResponse("servlet:/controller/screen", data);
>
> I looked at the URLResponse and on some other classes that implement
> RestResponse. In my understanding I need to create a JsonResponse which
> would do something like:
>
> JSONObject object = JSONObject.fromObject(answerBean);
> return new JsonResponse(object);
>
> and in the JsonResponse
> public class JsonResponse implements RestResponse{
> execute(...){
>    IOUtils.write(data.toString(), outputStream);
> }
>
> Well I did it and it worked very nicely. :)
>
> I needed to add
> <groupId>net.sf.json-lib</groupId>
> <artifactId>json-lib</artifactId>
> to my POM, though.
>
> Is this from general interest and should I commit the JsonResponse into
> the package org.apache.cocoon.rest.controller.response?
>
> salu2
>
> [1] http://jersey.java.net/

I think this is very nice and great addition.
I have to admit that I'm no up-to-date with the current codebase but
your approach sounds very reasonable.

However they are also other frameworks/libraries for handling JSON (eg
http://jackson.codehaus.org/) and it would be very nice if we could
allow the users to choose which one to use.
Not sure how we could/shoulfd go about that tho.
Just an observation... :/

Steven