cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: c3 anf i18n
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:16:34 GMT
On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 07:56 -0500, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> > Actually it should not that be hard to port the i18n. IMO that is a MUST
> > HAVE featured and was very surprised to not find anything.
> >
> I'd agree, if we are going to use C3 in the future we will also need
> this feature.  I like your option of having a single Spring based
> transformer that works for both C2.2 and C3 but don't know if it is
> any simpler to do?  I'd go with whatever is easiest to do at this
> point...

Basically both alternatives are based on the refactoring to spring.
Meaning remove avalon/excalibur deps the only different is to create a
wrapper class afterwards (to be compatible with 2.2 caching -> adding
some of thos deps again). However I guess c3 only for is easiest for
everyone more familiar with c3. If we have a rewrite I can create the
c2.2 wrapper quite easy so I say do the c3 and when finish I do the
rest. ;)

AbstractI18n = spring based transformer no deps to either c3/2.2

- c3I18n extends AbstractI18n implements c3CorrespondingInterfaces
- c2I18n extends AbstractI18n implements c2CorrespondingInterfaces

Thorsten Scherler <>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>

View raw message