cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Image reader, does c3 have one?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:01:28 GMT
On 31/03/2011 11:47, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 11:23 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> On 31/03/2011 11:02, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am looking for an
>>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/core/image-reader.html in c3, but
>>> have not found anything. Did I not look hard enough, or simply there is
>>> no image reader yet?
>> Hi Thorsten,
>> upon reading your e-mail I've realized that in the cocoon3 samples there
>> was nothing about image reading, while the C3 reader is perfectly
>> capable of handling such requests, so I've just added and committed.
>>
>> Basically, what you need is only changing what used to be (in C2.1)
>>
>> <map:match pattern="images/*.gif">
>> <map:read src="read/{1}.gif" />
>> </map:match>
>>
>> into
>>
>> <map:match pattern="images/{filename}.gif">
>> <map:read src="read/{map:filename}.gif" />
>> </map:match>
> Yeah, sweet that did the trick. :) I ended up to use {map:1} since it
> closer to old school grammar. ;)
>
> BTW we should add an example to implement the presentation layer stack
> (css, js, images, ...) to give the people some c&p snippets.

You are definitely right: in the cocoon-sample module of cocoon3 sources
there is already some JS, but the rest is still missing.
In order to speed up the implementation of your idea, If you already
have some snippets or working samples about this, we would be glad to
include them in C3 sources.

>>> If there is no image reader is there a note about best practice to
>>> migrate a 2.1 component to 3.0?
>> Unfortunately there is no documentation about this, but any comment and
>> / or request is very welcome from you :-)
> I guess we should put together a small checklist since people have 2.X
> components they want to migrate if switching to c3. For 2.2 ones which
> are based on spring there is not much to change, but old avalon
> components needs more work.

Nice idea: such checklist can start from some concrete examples and grow
up to a more general approach in migrating from 2.X to 3. Again: do you
have some of such concrete examples? ;-)

> c3 does not support avalon based components any more, right?

Exactly.

> Thank you very much Francesco (especially for your impressive QUICK reply)!

You're welcome :-)

--
Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/