cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Log*Transformer
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:38:32 GMT
On 22/02/2011 15:15, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 11:32 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> On 21/feb/2011, at 10.56, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, I'd tend agree with Reinhard if the CloseShield
>>> functionality is not simple (and I mean very simple, almost silly)
>>> to replicate into our module. I'm sure the CloseShield in the IO
>>> takes care of more general PrintStream use cases rather then just
>>> the sysout, so I'm worried that the proposed patch is not
>>> enough...
>>
>> For the sake of clarity: I've proposed that naive patch mainly
>> because I think that Log*Transformers are there to be used only for
>> dev purpose, where System.out or FileOutpuStream are the only viable
>> candidates.
>>
>> Anyway, I've taken a quick look to
>> http://s.apache.org/commons-io-close-shield-outputstream and its
>> parent class http://bit.ly/h7AolY: it seems to me that it would be
>> quite easy to embed these two classes in order to have a CloseShield
>> functionality in cocoon3-sax.
>>
>> If you think that it could be useful to have such functionality there
>> (also for usage by other classes than just Log*Transformers), please
>> let me know.
>
> I think the patch with the simple approach is good enough in this case
> because the class encapsulates the usage of the output stream
> completely. (It would be different if an output stream was passed to
> the transformer ...)
>
> Since you get commit access to the repository soon, you can apply the
> patch yourself ;-) Congratulations BTW!
Reinhard,
I've just committed the above mentioned patch, with the secondary
purpose of testing my SVN rights ;-)

About this, do you know how can I ask to align my current JIRA account
(ilgrosso) to my recent committer rights? Thanks.

Regards.

--
Apache Cocoon Committer

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/