cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Image reader, does c3 have one?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:47:15 GMT
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 11:23 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 31/03/2011 11:02, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am looking for an
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/core/image-reader.html in c3, but
> > have not found anything. Did I not look hard enough, or simply there is
> > no image reader yet?
>
> Hi Thorsten,
> upon reading your e-mail I've realized that in the cocoon3 samples there
> was nothing about image reading, while the C3 reader is perfectly
> capable of handling such requests, so I've just added and committed.
>
> Basically, what you need is only changing what used to be (in C2.1)
>
> <map:match pattern="images/*.gif">
> <map:read src="read/{1}.gif" />
> </map:match>
>
> into
>
> <map:match pattern="images/{filename}.gif">
> <map:read src="read/{map:filename}.gif" />
> </map:match>

Yeah, sweet that did the trick. :) I ended up to use {map:1} since it
closer to old school grammar. ;)

BTW we should add an example to implement the presentation layer stack
(css, js, images, ...) to give the people some c&p snippets.

> > If there is no image reader is there a note about best practice to
> > migrate a 2.1 component to 3.0?
> Unfortunately there is no documentation about this, but any comment and
> / or request is very welcome from you :-)

I guess we should put together a small checklist since people have 2.X
components they want to migrate if switching to c3. For 2.2 ones which
are based on spring there is not much to change, but old avalon
components needs more work. c3 does not support avalon based components
any more, right?

Thank you very much Francesco (especially for your impressive QUICK
reply)!

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>