cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Log*Transformer
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:15:08 GMT
On 02/21/2011 11:32 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 21/feb/2011, at 10.56, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I'd tend agree with Reinhard if the CloseShield
>> functionality is not simple (and I mean very simple, almost silly)
>> to replicate into our module. I'm sure the CloseShield in the IO
>> takes care of more general PrintStream use cases rather then just
>> the sysout, so I'm worried that the proposed patch is not
>> enough...
>
> For the sake of clarity: I've proposed that naive patch mainly
> because I think that Log*Transformers are there to be used only for
> dev purpose, where System.out or FileOutpuStream are the only viable
> candidates.
>
> Anyway, I've taken a quick look to
> http://s.apache.org/commons-io-close-shield-outputstream and its
> parent class http://bit.ly/h7AolY: it seems to me that it would be
> quite easy to embed these two classes in order to have a CloseShield
> functionality in cocoon3-sax.
>
> If you think that it could be useful to have such functionality there
> (also for usage by other classes than just Log*Transformers), please
> let me know.

I think the patch with the simple approach is good enough in this case
because the class encapsulates the usage of the output stream
completely. (It would be different if an output stream was passed to the
transformer ...)

Since you get commit access to the repository soon, you can apply the
patch yourself ;-) Congratulations BTW!

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap