cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About copyright and translation
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:44:39 GMT
Le 16/02/11 07:56, Grégory Roche a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> this morning, I have put the Apache Licence 2.0 on my site.
>
> You can see the licence on the page :
> http://www.polymorphisme.com/serveurs/cocoon/licenceApache20.html
>
> and on the bottom of each page, I add the text :
>
> Copyright © 2011 The Apache Software Foundation, Licensed under the
> Apache License, Version 2.0 <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>.

There is a difference between the license and the copyright. Your work
can be licensed under the Apache License, but you keep the copyright.

Only software and documentation distributed by the Apache Software
Foundation is copyrighted by the Foundation. And to be more precise,
each contributor keeps his individual copyright (in some countries like
France you cannot give away your copyright), and this is the whole
product that is copyrighted by the ASF.

Your work however is a mix of original work (good job!) and translations
of the original Cocoon documentation. For these translations, I think
you did the right thing, by linking to the original documentation as a
form of attribution.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net