cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Huib Verweij <Huib.Ver...@mpi.nl>
Subject Cocoon 2.2, STX block, TraxTransformer, transformer-factory
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:59:11 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use the STX block in Cocoon 2.2, but it doesn't work, I get the same error as
mentioned here: http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg52324.html ("stylesheet
requires attribute version").

I think the problem is in the TraxTransformer that no longer supports the "transformer-factory"
config option (the Cocoon 2.1.11 version does).In the stx block the stx transformer is declared
like this:

<map:transformer name="stx"
                     logger="sitemap.transformer.stx"
                     src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
        <transformer-factory>net.sf.joost.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl</transformer-factory>
    </map:transformer>

so it is using the "transformer-factory" config option. So what happens is, I think, the default
transformer factory for XSLT stylesheets is used, it generates a transformer, which is a XSLT
transformer, which checks for the version attribute on the <xsl:stylesheet/> element,
which does not exist in the STX stylesheet, and it generates the above error. Or something
like that.

So, do you have any tips on how to get this working again?

Huib Verweij.