cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing releases: cocoon-maven-plugin, cocoon-jnet, cocoon-thien-maven-site-skin
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 07:51:13 GMT
On 01/04/2011 03:38 AM, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> For the last couple of months I haven't been following Cocoon development closely,
but I want to work again on a couple of things related to Cocoon.

>> First I'd like to start with the release of some long overdue modules:
>>
>>   * cocoon-maven-plugin (plus cocoon-rcl-*):
>
>>    It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
>>    release it as 1.0.0
>>
>>   * cocoon-jnet
>
>>    Since it's only a bug fix release that can be used as a
>>    drop-in replacement for 1.1.0, I suggest releasing it as
>>    1.1.1
>>
>>   * cocoon-thien-maven-site-skin
>
>>    It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
>>    release it as 1.0.0
>>
>> Since the Cocoon Maven plugin and the cocoon-rcl-* modules are used in Cocoon 2 and
3 I'd like to move them to a more general place. For that purpose I suggest moving them to
cocoon/trunk/subprojects.

>> WDYT?
>>

> +1  - I'm not completely sure about whether 1.0 is completely correct
> in some cases, but OTOH I don't think it's worth worrying about...

Neither am I but changing any contracts without some deprecation phase
in the cocoon-maven-plugin or the site-skin wouldn't be very helpful to
the existing users. And, there's always the chance of a 2.x release ;-)

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap