cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing releases: cocoon-maven-plugin, cocoon-jnet, cocoon-thien-maven-site-skin
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:36:34 GMT

For the last couple of months I haven't been following Cocoon
development closely, but I want to work again on a couple of things
related to Cocoon.

First I'd like to start with the release of some long overdue modules:

  * cocoon-maven-plugin (plus cocoon-rcl-*):
    Using the Cocoon Maven plugin to provide a launcher environment
    (cocoon:prepare) which references Spring 3, causes an
    AbstractMethodError.
    See http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/hapiusamiic4uzq2

    It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
    release it as 1.0.0

  * cocoon-jnet
    There is a chance to produce a NPE in
    DynamicURLStreamHandlerFactoryBecause
    See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2277

    Since it's only a bug fix release that can be used as a
    drop-in replacement for 1.1.0, I suggest releasing it as
    1.1.1

  * cocoon-thien-maven-site-skin
    It has never been released yet. Cocoon 3 also uses this
    skin which requires a manual build of it before the
    Cocoon 3 site can be created. That's not a really comfortable
    for people that are only interested in building the C3 site.

    It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
    release it as 1.0.0

Since the Cocoon Maven plugin and the cocoon-rcl-* modules are used in
Cocoon 2 and 3 I'd like to move them to a more general place. For that
purpose I suggest moving them to cocoon/trunk/subprojects.

WDYT?

     http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap