cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelss...@ciber.com>
Subject RE: Latest on Cocoon?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:13:41 GMT
I really can't understand why you would still like to use XSP while there are far better alternatives
out there?  I was in the exact same position 6 years ago where we had this large Cocoon application
using solely xsp's. We took the decision to rewrite all functionality to flowscript / jxtemplate
and we never regretted this decision.  And 2 years back I decided to switch to Cocoon 2.2
and yet again no regrets.  Sure, you have to do quite a bit of additional work but postponing
an upgrade will fire back at you in the long run.  Not saying you have to be an early adapter
but once those early birds have used it for 1 year in production environments and most bugs
are removed... you should definitely consider it.

I'm about to start writing my first Cocoon 3 app while it's still in alpha-2 ...  See how
that turns out ;-)

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Johan Cwiklinski [mailto:johan.cwiklinski@ajlsm.com]
Verzonden: vr 17-12-2010 9:54
Aan: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Latest on Cocoon?

Le 17/12/2010 09:43, Laurent Medioni a écrit :
> Unfortunately, if you are stuck as we are with XSPs, 2.2 is not an option...
> We are even decommissioning our pageflow implementation based on Flowscript to switch
to a plain Java stateless implementation...
> So definitely not the 2.2 direction from what I understood...

XSP block is not longer maintained under cocoon > 2.1. Anyaway, I was
able to build and use the 2.1 xsp block with cocoon 2.2 a few months
ago, for testing pruposes.
That seems to work pretty well (all my tests on existing XSPs were
successfull.
Although, I did not plan to use that on production environments...

> Laurent

Regards,
--
Johan Cwiklinski