cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jos Snellings <Jos.Snelli...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [C3] Pipeline DSL
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 03:47:41 GMT
Good point.
I would say: everything you need and even more is there!

For people who were familiar with 2.2 or who want to port their
application: they are going to miss flowscript.
For people who lost contact in version 2.1 or so, they will probably be
missing xsp as a presentation scripting, and then get used to the rigid
separation line imposed by StringTemplate.

So my message would be: cocoon3 is 'gewöhnungsbedürftig', but you can
safely choose for it.
There is a non-vanishing upgrade effort involved.

Jos

On 12/07/2010 10:54 PM, Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Hi Simoni,
>
> i think it's indeed more fluent and more explicit.  So I think it certainly is an improvement.
 Only a few days back I wrote a mail to my fellow Java team members complaining that Java
feels like a big fat bloated beast more and more with lack of expressiveness and higher order
functions.  Especially after playing with functional languages. And Guava and functionaljava
are good examples...

> Hell,
> I even am experimenting myself with similar stuff ;-)
> http://code.google.com/p/functionalprogramming/wiki/Introduction
>
> By the way...
> If I were to jump on the Cocoon 3 wagon... would i be able to do the same stuff already
as with 2.2?  Or let me rephrase the question... is most stuff already ported to 3.0?