cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Laurent Medioni" <lmedi...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Latest on Cocoon?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:14:52 GMT
Several dozens of customers in production, using a 10 years span of our products versions,
having customised on-site some of the hundreds of XSPs we deliver ?
+ our in-house Eclipse page designer generating XSP code, + all our framework and business
taglibs on top of XSP ?
;)
I wish I could fly too ;)

Laurent

-----Original Message-----
From: Robby Pelssers [mailto:robby.pelssers@ciber.com]
Sent: vendredi, 17. décembre 2010 14:14
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Latest on Cocoon?

I really can't understand why you would still like to use XSP while there are far better alternatives
out there?  I was in the exact same position 6 years ago where we had this large Cocoon application
using solely xsp's. We took the decision to rewrite all functionality to flowscript / jxtemplate
and we never regretted this decision.  And 2 years back I decided to switch to Cocoon 2.2
and yet again no regrets.  Sure, you have to do quite a bit of additional work but postponing
an upgrade will fire back at you in the long run.  Not saying you have to be an early adapter
but once those early birds have used it for 1 year in production environments and most bugs
are removed... you should definitely consider it.

I'm about to start writing my first Cocoon 3 app while it's still in alpha-2 ...  See how
that turns out ;-)

Kind regards,
Robby Pelssers

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.