cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject XMLSerializer.java why not implements CacheableProcessingComponent
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:08:12 GMT
Hi all,

I wonder is there a reason why nobody did

-public class XMLSerializer extends EncodingSerializer {
+public class XMLSerializer extends EncodingSerializer implements
CacheableProcessingComponent {

I am doing some caching enhancement for a client and using the profiler
I found out that my 100% cacheable page did not return 304. So I
stumbled upon the above.

When I make the XMLSerializer implementing CacheableProcessingComponent
the whole pipeline is returning 304 which I am looking for that the
status is for the response.

Without the above patch I always get a 200 since the serializer is not
cacheable hence the whole pipe.

Is there an obvious reason that I am not seeing why the serializer
should not be cacheable?

TIA for any light!

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems