cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding new components to C3 Optionals
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:03:40 GMT
Hi All, Reinhard,
in the Apache BeanValidation we're using JAXB without any particular
care on Licensing, being JAXB now part of the JVM.
If you agree I'd add a JAXB based component starter to serialize beans
through the SAX Pipeline in the sax module... what do you think about
it?
Have a nice evening,
Simo

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank a lot Reinhard,
> I'll check the projects you mentioned!!!
> Have  anice day :)
> Simo

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>> Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>> Hi all guys,
>>> even if a little late, I noticed an old email[1] in the users ML where
>>> one of C3 users was asking us how to integrate a JAXB marshaller into
>>> C3.
>>> After provided the hint, I suggested him to send a patch but at the
>>> same time I don't know if it could be applied because of the
>>> licensing: on the JAXB documentation I'm reading is reported that.
>>>
>>>  * "JAXB is a redistributable component of the JWSDP" that's covered
>>> by the JWSDP License[3]
>>>  * "Parts of the JAXP software bundled with JAXB are covered by the
>>> Apache License and the W3C License"
>>>
>>> I'm not a lawyer and honestly not expert about licenses: do you have
>>> any info that confirm we can/can't add JAXB in C3?
>>>
>>> Also Javolution[4] contains a nice and fast XML marshaller[5], but
>>> Javolution is released under the BSD[6] License. Are we allowed to
>>> integrate Javolution in C3?
>>
>> I've never used JAXB, but I found http://camel.apache.org/jaxb.html
>> which says that JAXB is part of Java 6.
>>
>> In order to remain Java 5 compliant, we have to add an optional JAXB
>> dependency. Maybe Apache WS, CXF or Geronimo offer an AL 2.0 complient
>> implementation or you could at least find out how they provide JAXB support.
>>
>> --
>> Reinhard Pötz                           Managing Director, {Indoqa}
GmbH