cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugh Sparks" <h...@csparks.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Adding the cinclude transformer
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:55:19 GMT
It appears that IncludeTransformer might work if I
pass the parameters in the url, which would make an
ugly mess out of my code.

IncludeTransformer is pretty simple. Would it be
appropriate to add optional protocol for controlling
the request (GET, POST) and passing parameters in an
element? Or would it be better to add some new thing
like a rewrite of the old CIncludeTransform?
It seems excessive to have Include, XInclude, and
CInclude...

This is what I'm doing now with C2:

<ci:includexml>
    <ci:configuration>
        <ci:src>http://myserver/cgi-bin/someScript.sh</ci:src>
        <ci:parameter>
            <ci:name>method</ci:name>
            <ci:value>POST</ci:value>
        </ci:parameter>
    </ci:configuration>
    <ci:parameters>
        <ci:parameter>
            <ci:name>param1</ci:name>
            <ci:value>value1</ci:value>
        </ci:parameter>
    </ci:parameters>
</ci:include>

I think it would be good for C3 to have some kind of "door" to
invoke scripts on the server. And cramming things onto the URL
and using GET isn't very attractive.

Thanks!

-Hugh