cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding new components to C3 Optionals
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 08:07:52 GMT
Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi All, Reinhard,
> in the Apache BeanValidation we're using JAXB without any particular
> care on Licensing, being JAXB now part of the JVM.
> If you agree I'd add a JAXB based component starter to serialize beans
> through the SAX Pipeline in the sax module... what do you think about
> it?

Hi Simone,

isn't it a question of what JVM version we want to target? IIUC JAXB is
part of Java 6 but for Java 5 you have to add external libraries. Since
Cocoon 3 should be Java 5 compatible, we don't come around this problem.

Reinhard

--
Reinhard Pötz                        Founder & Managing Director, Indoqa