cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <>
Subject Re: Adding new components to C3 Optionals
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 08:07:52 GMT
Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi All, Reinhard,
> in the Apache BeanValidation we're using JAXB without any particular
> care on Licensing, being JAXB now part of the JVM.
> If you agree I'd add a JAXB based component starter to serialize beans
> through the SAX Pipeline in the sax module... what do you think about
> it?

Hi Simone,

isn't it a question of what JVM version we want to target? IIUC JAXB is
part of Java 6 but for Java 5 you have to add external libraries. Since
Cocoon 3 should be Java 5 compatible, we don't come around this problem.

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Simone Tripodi
> <> wrote:
>> Thank a lot Reinhard,
>> I'll check the projects you mentioned!!!
>> Have  anice day :)
>> Simo
>>> I've never used JAXB, but I found
>>> which says that JAXB is part of Java 6.
>>> In order to remain Java 5 compliant, we have to add an optional JAXB
>>> dependency. Maybe Apache WS, CXF or Geronimo offer an AL 2.0 complient
>>> implementation or you could at least find out how they provide JAXB support.
>>> --
>>> Reinhard Pötz                           Managing Director, {Indoqa} GmbH
>>> Member of the Apache Software Foundation
>>> Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member

Reinhard Pötz                        Founder & Managing Director, Indoqa

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member

View raw message