cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Integration tests
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:10:33 GMT
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm back on track after  some time of absence.

Welcome back!

> To write integration tests I should start programaticaly cocoon with
> predefined configuration's. Then test suites should connect to JMX
> service and check does everything is all right.
>
> So there are two goals:
> * start cocoon from test case with predefine configuration
> * write small JMX client that would only connect to JMX service and
> get list of available services.
>
> The main question is where can I find examples how to achieve first goal ?

IIUC, the main problem is that you have to start your own VM instance,
right? Have a look at http://commons.apache.org/exec/. In this VM
instance you can start a Jetty server yourself (e.g.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-it-fw/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/maven/test/jetty/JettyStarterMojo.java)

HTH