cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jnet] Threading issues
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:35:47 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Moving over this thread to dev.
>
> Carsten, any idea what could go wrong here? And, once I asked you why
> you used an InheritableThreadLocal instead of a ThreadLocal to store the
> list but can't remember. Can you explain it to me again? :-)

I fear I can't help that much - the code has changed from my original
version which did not use a list :)

To be honest I don't know anymore why an InheritableThreadLocal was the
better choice....now I guess because if you start a thread within the
current execution, than this thread gets the same url handlers. With a
simple ThreadLocal you don't get this. While having the same url
handlers in the new thread is nice, it might create problems if the
original thread executes before the newly started.
But nevertheless this shouldn't result in concurrency problems as far as
I can see.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler