cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Whipple <m...@mattwhipple.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon documentation
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:23:12 GMT

Jos Snellings wrote:
> The documentation of cocoon-3 can be checked out as:
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-docs\

I stumbled upon the HTML deliverable of that on
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/c3-ref/html/ after sending my email.
I'd think it would be best if the official documentation focused on
being primarily a comprehensive reference with a quick bootstrap guide.
A community documentation site could then supplement that with all the
typical tutorials/how-to's and tips & tricks which gets the reader where
he wants to be with a straightforward, minimalist approach which then
references the official docs and other more enlightening sources.
Regular articles/blog entries could then highlight the activity in the
community, and the possibilities of various Cocoon components could be
showcased.  Guides to all of the overlapping processes which can be
[easily] extrapolated from existing material can be given a home so that
a potential new developer with a specific need is provided with an
apparent foot in the door.  Basically a site which presents a welcoming,
active community rather than seemingly a group of scattered people
developing in Cocoons and enabling me to make bad wordplay (such is the
price).  To that end, an agreed upon forum would be ideal.