cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [result][vote] Simone Tripodi as new Cocoon committer
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:17:47 GMT
Hi Reinhard, all,
in one word, I really feel touched. All these positives votes let me
without words... I couldn't receive any better present for Christmas,
Reinhard, Joerg, David, Leszek, Peter, Felix, Thorsten, Sylvain,
David, Steven, Ralph, Vadim: THANK YOU, it's incredible the trust
you're giving to me, I hope I'll never disappoint you.

About myself: I'm Italian, born and grown up in L'Aquila, a small
medieval city recently destroyed by the earthquake, and moved to Rome
at age of 24 after my B.Sc. graduation in Computer Science. I
experienced GIS, spent a lot of time on Shortest Path Algorithms, REST
services and since February 2007 I've been working as a software
engineer in Asemantics, a small company which focuses on new emerging
technologies/specifications, such OpenID, OAuth, PortableContacts and
the Semantic Web.
I joined the Cocoon ML since September 2008 after read an old
Reinhard's post[1] on his blog which charmed me: first I contacted him
privately, so I was invited to join the ML then been in touch also
with Steven... and every passing day I found the Cocoon3 idea so
brilliant that I couldn't resist to contribute!!!
I also play a lot writing my small reusable components[2] that help me
avoiding repeating myself in my everyday work :P

I'm used and love working in heterogeneous environments: at age of 22
I moved to Portugal for 6 months because of the Erasmus Project, I
participated in the Joost[3] backend development and since April 2009
I've been working on the Goom Radio[4] backend development; last, I
married a South-American woman, so every passing day of my life I have
to find the right compromises between different idioms and cultures :D

I accept very proudly my nomination, I already signed the ICLA because
last month I submitted a donation to the Apache Commons community and
they required it, and Rahul Akolkar confirmed it was registered.
My preferred id is simone.tripodi, and my forwarding email address is

Thank you guys, the 2009 has been very difficult for me after the
earthquake, my parents still don't have their own home (you can see
the effects here[5]) so this Christmas will be better thanks to this
amazing news :)
Best regards, take care!!!
Simone Tripodi

Margin Note: in all European countries the name "Simone" is for girls,
except here in Italy; during the Erasmus I take part of a football
tournament, it was very funny looking amazed people's faces because
they expected looking a girl playing... :D