cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Florent André <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon3 Wicket integration
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 13:41:03 GMT
Hi Reinhard, and thanks for this.

I have in mind to create - one day :) - a "Form module" for Lenya.

----- Here the main line of the idea : -----
[[..]] (pick up from a lenya thread)
Year, IMO forms is a good and user-friendly solution for pick-up structured
data from user.

IMO, a great cform module can be composed by something like that :

0) user interface for defining the "form container" {can be done by
advanced user} (the last step in developping)

1) xml "form container"  {can be done by xml-compliant user), that contain
:
--- the xml form declaration (a cform file ?) ==> define all inputs and
authorized values
--- the action connector : define what doing with the filled result (eg :
send a mail, create a new lenya doc, fire a pipeline, ...)

2) a set of "actionners" (send a mail, create a lenya doc, calculate result
from filling,...)

------ With wicket ? (point 1) )------

- So IMO with this ""specifications"" and wicket :

-- cocoon pick-up the "form container" and pass the "form declaration" to
wicket
-- wicket deal with presentation, validation,... and put the result into
cocoon
-- cocoon retrieve the filling result and apply the "action connector" on
it (send a mail, create a doc, etc...)

------ Questions -----

I don't have jump into cocoon 3 for now, so maybe my questions are
stupid...

- What do you think about this solution ?

- What is the ideas (of the five) that can answer to this ?

- One of your samples can give me some pointer on it ?

Thanks
++