cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Statistics module.
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 23:21:47 GMT
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
>
> Unfortunately I can't find a solution for this serialization issue of a
> TreeMap either.
>
> Let's forget about sorting in the JMX bean unless somebody else comes up
> with a solution that doesn't require the configuration of a
> SecurityManager. And if we once provide a nice web UI we can sort there.
>
> I applied your patch without the sorting feature.

OK, thank you. This patch contains class
PipelineHitCountStatisticsCollector that isn't actually a valid aspect
because I forget to define a pointcut for it. I'll fix it and send a
patch.

> Many thanks for keeping up your great work also after your very
> successful GSoC project.
>
> Do you have any further plans with the cocoon-monitoring module? (e.g.
> some integration tests that check that JMX works properly or a web UI)

Actually I have some plans. I want to make it a fully functional and
usable cocoon3 module ;). As we talk before (in private mails), next
on my TODO are integration tests and then web UI. Right now I want to
finish statistics part of module (IMHO there could be more aspect's
for getting more stats from cocoon). Also I'm thinking about some
improvements in monitoring configuration, right now there are specific
beans definitions for each part of monitoring, maybe that could be
done better (e.g. (re)move constructor/property dependency injection
so we can get simpler bean definition).

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org