cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Ɓuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Statistics module.
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:29:58 GMT
Hi all,

For last few days I'm back on track with my project. In my latest
patch[0] I've published StatisticsCollector class and cruelty I have
some issues connected with SortedMap (methods:
getAllHitCountListAsc(), getAllHitCountListDesc(),
getHitCountListAsc(long), getHitCountListDesc(long)).

It appears that this class can't be used via JMX because of
serialization problems that occurs when I gave it costume Comparator
implementation. The Comparator interface doesn't extends Serializable
interface so I've created an extra SerializableComparator interface
that merge both interfaces. This way NotSerializableException were
fixed but next problem has occurs, this time it is connected with RMI
and Java Security policy. IMHO creating exceptions in default security
policy for this minor feature isn't good idea.

I was wondering what else can I do and right now only idea I had is
that, the only solution for this problem is to abandon this idea and
don't expose sorted statistics list on JXM with is quite ugly
solution.

Maybe somebody could gave me some a hints for another solution ?

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12416127/statistics-StatisticsCollector.patch
--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org