cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XInclude optimization
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:16:49 GMT
Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Sylvain
> Sorry but I forgot to ask you a short question in the previous email:
> can the Tika code be imported/modified into Cocoon3?

Do you really have to modify Tika code? If so it would be best to give
back your contributions to the their project.

Since you have to include a library I strongly recommend that everything
goes into cocoon-optional in order to keep the number of required
libraries low for the pipeline API.

> AFAIK it should
> be allowed, but I don't know the conditions under which it can be
> done.

If your questions is about licensing, then it's very simple: You don't
have to do anything because Tika is an ASF project.