cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XInclude optimization
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:19:29 GMT
Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
> thanks for your kind reply! I suspected the XPath limitations you
> explained very well, but deeply in my heart I was hoping to a solution
> I didn't know yet, for this reason I asked it :P :P
>
> I'll take a look at both the solutions, eve if the first sounds to me
> more compliant to the xpointer recommendation and at the same time
> closer with what I already did - and to older XInclude cocoon
> implementations.

Axiom is what will give you the better compliance, but it is a
relatively heavyweight solution compared to pure streaming. This is why
I was suggesting to choose the actual xpath implementation according to
the given XPath expression, since the Tika approach is really pure
streaming. But this adds some complexity.

> Thank you very much for your hints, very well appreciated :)
> A bientot!
> Simone
>
> P.S. Offtopic: maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure we met once in Tolouse, I
> was one of the Asemantics juniors involved in Joost :P

That's right! I did not made the connection! This is a small world ;-)

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net