cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon Serializers Charset and Block
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:59:03 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> please vote on a first release of these two artifacts:
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Charsets 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-charsets/1.0.0/
>
> and
>
> Apache Cocoon Serializers Block 1.0.0
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-serializers-impl/1.0.0/

+1

I look forward to the addition of this block though I wonder what sort
of confusion will arise when users start talking about the 'HTMLSerializer'!

Do they mean:
  org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer
<http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/HTMLSerializer.html>
or maybe:
  org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.HTMLSerializer

I updated the old HTMLSerializer document page [1] and mentioned that
two implementations exist.  The same will need doing for the new
serializers.

[1]
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g2/g4/Serializer/896.html

Regards,