cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 3 - adding new components
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:44:27 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a chance to play around with cocoon 3 again since one of our
> Apache Droids user (Bertil Chapuis) had sent me a patch where he wrote a
> cocoon3 component "SolrConsumer" to interact between cocoon and solr.
>
> This consumer is reusable for different usecases since it is based on
which I tested
> with a custom project that I am writing ATM.
>
> I would like to commit this consumer to the cocoon 3 repository pointing
> out that the original patch is coming from Bertil. Is that alright with
> everyone or do you prefer a patch?

Bertil isn't mentioned on http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
which means that he hasn't signed a ICLA yet. Before you commit his
patch he should either send his ICLA to the Apache secretary (preferred)
or alternatively he can create a Jira issue that contains his patch if
it's not too much code.

When you commit the code please add it to cocoon-optional (at least for
now).

> BTW I as well have write access to cocoon3, right?

yes