cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rapid application development with rcl
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:29:01 GMT
Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 13:23 +0200, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> our site is based on different blocks and one main webapp
>>> (cocoon-22-archetype-webapp).
>>>
>>> The problem we are facing is that developing within blocks is really
>>> rapid thanks to the rcl but all the code we have in the webapp needs to
>>> have a constant rebuild, which is a real pain.
>>>
>>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1358_1_1.html
>>>
>>> Is talking about the goals that are doing the rcl stuff, how can we
>>> "port" this to the webapp?
>>>
>>> Any hints and tips are welcome.
>> Why do you have to put Java code into the webapp at all?
>
> Not talking about the java code that is the bad thing. I am talking
> about normal xsl/sitemap changes. :(

I use the webapp only as a container for the blocks, it doesn't contain
any code at all. There is a "welcome" block which is mounted at / as an
entry point.

That works quite well, but the class loader incompatibilities (e.g. for
session attributes) are still a real PITA (cannot cast class Foo to Foo) :(

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH