cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <francesco.chicchiri...@everett.it>
Subject Cocoon 2.1 in portlet environment
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:53:38 GMT
Hi gents,
sorry for the cross-posting from user mailing list, but since I've
never received any response there, I hope that at least here someone
will shout "Shut up, please" :-)

I have been recently playing with Cocoon 2.1 in a JSR-168 portlet
environment; here it follows my experience.

I started from the wiki page at [1]: rather good, even though quite
bound to pluto 1.0. I could easily adapt the procedure to Open Portlet
Container [2] and Sun Portal Server; unfortunately, when it comes to
CForms, the only pointer is [3], very out of date nowadays.

The main issue in CForms is related to the fact that also [2] points
out: Portlet's ActionRequest can not have any response body. After
some struggling, I found the solution by modifying Form.js'
sendFormAndWait() to be able to cope with the former issue.

Another smaller issue is related to resources URI (for CSS and JS)
that must be adapted and rewritten by the LinkRewriter in order to be
effective.

A couple of improvements that I also needed are:
a mean to access to portlet preferences (I've developed a simple input
module for this purpose)
a mean to access to cookies (as already proposed in [4])

Do you think that it is useful to update [1]?
Is there any simple way to propose the addition of some code that I
developed for Cocoon 2.1.X?

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAppAsJSR168Portlet
[2] https://portlet-container.dev.java.net/
[3] http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000018.html
[4] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2072

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò
Delivery Manager

everett Italia ▸
          TRUSTED TO KNOW

Head Office
Via Torino, 2 - 20123 Milano - Italia
Tel:
+39 02 72546847
Fax:
+39 02 72546418
Technology Centre
Via Federico Fellini, 2 G2/1 - 65010 Spoltore (PE) - Italia
Tel:
+39 085 2120342 / +39 085 2120537
Fax:
+39 085 2120342 / +39 085 2120537